Tournament legality for any design is always up to the tournament Head Judge. Normally, judges’ primary questions are:
- Is the card still identifiable from across the table?
- The designs on Alter Sleeves that are most likely to be approved are things like border extensions or full art extensions that do not cover or change the original art.
- Can the sleeve be distinguishable from other sleeved cards in the deck (so you would be able to easily cut or find it)?
- The feel of the designs we offer on the Alter Sleeves website vary slightly by color and type of design, but most designs are indistinguishable without significant pressure when they are in double sleeves.
- Is the design in any way offensive?
Almost all of our test sleeves were approved for play at the multiple GPs and Magic Fests they’ve been played in, but again, it’s the Head Judges’ call. Remember, a great thing about Alter Sleeves is that you can always just take them off for that match and put them back on when it’s done!